FA Level 1 in Coaching Football (Female Specific)
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, is the first stepping-stone on the core coaching pathway. It will provide you with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 to open age.
You will gain insight into the game in England, how it is played and how you can coach to better support the development of future players.
The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning, face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via three eLearning modules hosted on The FA Learning Management System (LMS). The eLearning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
This course is aimed at supporting females to get into coaching.
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 43 hourse (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
- Qualities of a coach
- What is a game (rules and scoring system)
- The game in England
- Build a practice for your players
- Review of Block 1
- England DNA (in possession, out of possession and transition)
- Technical components of the game
- Principles of play
- Develop a practice for your players
- Review of Block 2
- FA 4 Corner Model for long-term player development
- Differentiation - supporting individuals
- Extend the practice for your players
- Linking practice to matchday
- Managing self, parents, players and the game on match day
- Course review
Participants will undertake the FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and the FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAIF)
There are currently no dates available for this course.
Get in Touch!
If a course is full, contact us to go on the waiting list.
Please specify the course that you would like to wait for.
T: 01606 30 2001
9:00am - 5:00pm
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy, and by enrolling onto our course you agree that you have read and adhered to our terms and conditions.
The FA Youth Award Modules previously received a high level of positive feedback from learners, yet take-up rates were usually lower than the core coaching qualifications.
Therefore, in order to raise the standards of coaching, the principles of The FA Youth Award modules have been incorporated into the core coaching qualifications to ensure all coaches have access to these principles and understand how to apply them to the environment in which they coach.
If you are completely new to coaching you will need to complete The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football first.
If you already hold an existing FA Level 1 you can go to the new FA Level 2 in Coaching Football qualification taking into consideration the action plan you received from your course tutor.
Yes, we have produced a recognition for prior learning document that outlines how the changes impact all current and prospective coaches. If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch.
You will be introduced to:
- The England DNA
- The FA 4 Corner Model, which will help you gain a better understanding of long-term player development
- The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping you construct appropriate practices and sessions
- A series of practical coaching ideas, giving you the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe and engaging practices