Cheshire FA Young Referees Group aims to provide referees in Cheshire, under the age of 25, with a voice in the ongoing development of their refereeing careers.
After being approved by the County Referee Committee, the group will be chaired and administered by young referees Jack Nield and Tom Elliott who are passionate and motivated to help referees get the most out of their experiences.
Whilst the Referee Department has implemented numerous highly successful development, education, training and social groups, this is the first time the young referees themselves will have the opportunity to adapt and improve, making it more suitable for all young referees county-wide.
With the overarching aim of improving young referees' experiences, the group will aim to:
• Represent young referees opinions in committee meetings.
• Support and assist the large proportion of young referees in Cheshire through personal experience.
• Focus on the recruitment, retention and development of young referees.
• Improve and continue the current mechanisms used by the Referee Development Officer, Trevor Massey.
• Provide online platforms to improve communication amongst young referees.
The Young Referees group intends to build on the foundations set by the RA-FA Youth Council, who were tasked with similar objectives on a national scale.
Referees between the ages of 17 and 25 registered with the Cheshire FA as their "Parent County" can now apply to become part of the Young Referees Group.
To apply please complete the application pack that can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
The deadline for applications is Friday 2nd January at 5pm, please send completed application packs to email@example.com