The Cheshire FA Champion Programme is a fantastic opportunity for volunteers to gain valuable football development experience along with a range of other benefits.
The purpose of the programme is to help sustain our traditional game and support the emerging growth of recreational formats of the game, offering volunteers the opportunity to deliver on a wide range of football development projects across Cheshire.
There are a range of volunteer opportunities which could take you from your sofa to out on the pitch, making a significant difference to our national game.
The role of a Cheshire FA Champion will primarily aim to achieve one of the following:
- Get more people playing the game
- Help to continue the development of our leagues
- Complete football administration projects
Opportunities will be tailored to each individual to ensure that as a volunteer the role of Cheshire FA Champion is fulfilling personal objectives, whether that is just getting out of the house or helping pursue a new career.
Facilitate the delivery of recreational football sessions to encourage and increase participation of players new to football, and/or those who have previously dropped out the game within a further education setting.
• Facilitate weekly engaging sessions for students
• Support recruitment by encouraging wider participation from student population
• Inspire and engage young leaders to support delivery and sustainability
Help engage people with impairments and disabilities in our beautiful game. Giving opportunities to those who don't usually get the chance to play, or need a more specific team/session that considers their abilities.
• Development and promotion of new opportunities
• Engagement of players and new teams
• Delivery of initial sessions
League Development Officer
Get your first taste of football administration by working alongside members of Cheshire FA affiliated leagues to support the continued growth of football participation.
• Implement social media and promotion for CFA Leagues
• Develop CFA leagues brands
• Support football development initiatives in a local area
Women and Girls' Football
Get involved in the development of the female game through delivery and football administration. Work with members of our affiliated leagues and clubs, supporting the continued growth of female football.
• Facilitate monthly friendly fixture programme at Cheshire FA Football Centre
• Support recruitment by encouraging new players/teams to join
• Liaise with and support Clubs and Leagues
To register your interest in becoming a Cheshire FA Champion please click HERE.
If you require any further information on the Cheshire FA Champion Programme please contact a member of the Cheshire FA Football Development Team on 01606 871166.