FA Coaching Deaf Footballers
The purpose of this course is to provide you with ideas and guidance on how to adapt, where necessary, to include deaf players in your sessions and match situations in your school or club.
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 hours
Pre-requisites: The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football Course
- What is sound?
- The ear
- Types of deafness
- The impact of deafness on children and their language skills
- Hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Different types of hearing aids
- Options and approaches
- Communication with deaf footballers
- Communicating by telephone
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Health and safety considerations
- Planning and organising
- Rule adaptations
- Player pathway
Get in Touch!
If a course is full, make sure you sign up to our Course Enquiry List!
Please specify the course that you would like to wait for.
T: 01606 30 2001
9:00am - 5:00pm
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy, and by enrolling onto our course you agree that you have read and adhered to our terms and conditions below.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Apply and extend your coaching skills to meet the needs of deaf players
- Feel confident when coaching deaf footballers
- Have improved their awareness of deafness and a better understanding of the needs of deaf footballers
- Use basic BSL signs appropriate to coaching and football sessions
- Plan a range of coaching sessions that include deaf footballers