FA Coaching Disabled Footballers
This course is designed to provide you with ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions, whether in mainstream or impairment-specific sessions.
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 hours
Pre-requisites: The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
The course will cover:
- Long term player development
- Disabled people and football
- Qualities of a good coach
- Safety and impairment - specific considerations
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Planning and organising coaching sessions
- Implementation of the inclusion spectrum in coaching sessions
- Disability player pathways
Get in touch!
If a course is full, make sure you sign up to our Course Enquiry List!
Please specify the course that you would like to wait for.
T: 01606 30 2001
9:00am - 5:00pm
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy, and by enrolling onto our course you agree that you have read and adhered to our terms and conditions.
Having attended the course you should feel more confident and able to:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled players
- Use the inclusion spectrum to plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities