FA Level 2 in Leadership Through Football
The qualification will guide you towards further opportunities that contribute to grassroots football including roles such as: football activity leader, local league administrator, junior team manager, football festival event coordinator or a football referee.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Leadership Through Football (QCF) is designed for those over 14 years of age that want to develop their experience or involvement in the development of others through football.
During the programme you will be provided with an introduction to a number of voluntary leadership roles through an engagement with grassroots football development, including leading football activity sessions, refereeing small-sided games, managing a local small-sided game team, and contributing to the organisation and delivery of a local football festival/event for young people.
It will provide you with guidance on further opportunities as a sport leader, including how to contribute to grassroots sport as an administrator, coach, referee, team manager and sport development volunteer.
- Prepare and lead football activity sessions for young people.
- Review and reflect on sessions.
- Prepare to referee football activity sessions and small-sided games for young people.
- Referee football activity sessions and small-sided games for young people.
- Review and reflect on their refereeing during football activity sessions and small-sided games for young people.
- Understand how to prepare self and players to play in a game.
- Understand how to support players in a game.
- Understand how to review own contributions to a team.
- Contribute to the organisation of a football event for young people.
- Contribute to the delivery of a football event for young people.
- Review and reflect on their contribution to the organisation and organisation of a football event for young people.
On completion you will be able to:
- Lead football activity sessions for young people with specified boundaries and with the support of other leaders and coaches.
- Referee football activity sessions for young people and small-sided games, including an understanding and application of the laws as they apply to small-sided games.
- Work with and provide administrative support for small-sided football teams.
- Make a contribution to the organisation and delivery of a football event for young people.
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Get In Touch
If a course is full or if there are no available dates, contact us to go on the waiting list.
Please specify the course that you would like to wait for.
T: 01606 302001
9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday