Girls football in Primary & Secondary Schools
Get your Football journey started in school!
Schools Football - competitions & representative squads
The Cheshire Schools FA run both primary schools and Secondary school girls competitions. The Cheshire Schools FA also run representative squads for U14’s and U16’s age categories.
Schools will be informed of trials dates and asked to nominate talented players.
For further information please contact Secretary John Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Football School Partnership
The FA are working with the Youth Sport Trust to support girls football in schools!
The vision of the Youth Sport Trust and FA is that, by 2024, every girls will have equal access to football in schools.
Primary schools and secondary schools can CLICK HERE to find out how to get involved with Girls Football!
- Curriculum: Access resources to provide a modern, inclusive PE offer for girls through football.
- Participation: Find out how to engage new and different girls through a vibrant extra-curriculum offer.
- Competition: Explore the different opportunities for girls to compete in football.
- Major Events: Inspire young people with women's football events.
- Leadership: Learn more about developing girls as football leaders.
- Life Skills: Inspire young people to get the skills they need for a better future.
The FA School Football Partnership Programme is currently being delivered in the following areas:
- Ellesmere Port
- Vale Royal
Girls Game On
Girls Game On is an initiative to get more girls active and involved in football and we have designed some specific female football fun equipment & resource packs for primary schools to use during lunch times / after school.
Girls across the county will be provided with increased opportunities to play football after a new nationwide participation programme was announced.
Check out our Youth Zone with fun activities, helpful information and learn about football.