Safeguarding and Welfare
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility!
Cheshire FA is committed to its responsibilities to safeguarding the welfare of all young people involved in grassroots football
We fully support and appreciate our team of dedicated volunteer Club and League Welfare Officers working towards maintaining a safe and fun environment for young people who play, train, referee and coach.
We strongly believe in ‘listening to children and young people’ and that their views are really important.
T: 01606 30 2028
REPORTING A CONCERN
A child or young person may inform you directly that he or she is concerned about someone’s behaviour towards them or you may become aware, through your own observations or through a third party, of possible abuse occurring.
There are five ways to report a concern:
- To your Club Welfare Officer – please find out from your club who these people are;
- To your County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer Safeguarding@CheshireFA.com;
- By emailing The FA Safeguarding Team at Safeguarding@TheFA.com or by calling and asking for the team on 0800 169 1863;
- If urgent and you cannot contact your club, league or County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer, you should call the NSPCC 24-hour helpline on 0808 800 5000;
- If it is an emergency because a child or children are at immediate risk, then call the Police (999) or Children’s Social Care in your area.
Any adult or young person with concerns about a colleague’s conduct towards a child or young person can also use whistle-blowing by calling 0800 169 1863 and asking for The FA’s safeguarding team, or via email to Safeguarding@TheFA.com
Childline offers free, confidential advice and support whatever your worry, whenever you need help - 0800 1111.
Please remember that if a child or young person is in immediate danger, ALWAYS call 999.
We Only Do Positive
The FA's Respect program
Provides a series of tools for leagues, clubs, coaches, players and parents from grassroots to elite football - to help ensure a safe, positive environment in which to play the game.