FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
The overall aim of The FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) is to raise the standard of first aid provision within football.
It goes beyond generic first aid and includes elements specific to football.
Minimum Age: 16 years
Course Duration: 1 Day
The course will cover:
- The role of the First Aider in football
- The jaw thrust as an airway opening technique for a contact sport such as football
- The A-E approach of the injured footballer (inclusive of the unconscious footballer)
- Emergency Action planning for football Preparation for action for sudden cardiac arrest in the young
- Recognition, BLS with AED
- The FA Concussion guidelines and concussion management from a first aid perspective for football
- Dispelling the myths of first aid in football
- The football specific first aid kit and record keeping
- Duty of care in football
- Medical emergencies in football
- Focusing on those illnesses that can lead to life threatening injuries in football
- Limb threatening injuries in football
- Wounds and bleeding / Fracture management for football
- Acute soft tissue injury management in football
- Spinal injuries in football, manual in line stabilisation and assisting the ambulance crew with a log roll
- Paediatric elements to all of the above
GET IN TOUCH!
If a course is full, make sure your sign up to our Course Enquiry List!
Please specify that course that you would like to wait for.
T: 01606 30 2001
9:00am - 5:00pm
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy, and by enrolling onto our course you agree that you have read and adhered to our terms and conditions below.
To provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to:
- Attend a conscious or unconscious casualty
- Ensure that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and take over, or until an alternate healthcare professional assumes responsibility for the casualty