Covid 19 Tier 3 Grassroots Football Update
The following information has been released by Liverpool City Council on the 15th of October 2020, however we are aware that this information will affect a number of Cheshire Affiliated clubs.
The guidance below from Liverpool City Council makes it clear that players/teams are unable to travel in or out of the Liverpool City Region for training and/or games.
From midnight 14th October the Liverpool City Region (LCR) was placed in the Local COVID Alert level of; Very High.
[Liverpool City Council and its partners have provided] an update for all leagues and teams who use the Liverpool City Council operated grass and 3G football pitches about how this affects the continuation of grassroots football.
All Liverpool City Council operated grass and 3G pitches will remain open with the following restrictions in place:
- No spectators are allowed to attend any adult amateur football match taking place on Liverpool City Council operated grass or 3G pitches. Only the referee, players and manager of each team should attend matches.
- For junior football matches, one parent or guardian will be allowed to attend a match with their child.
- It is mandatory that face coverings are worn in all publicly accessible indoor areas such as changing pavilion toilets.
- Travel within the LCR (Areas of Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens, Wirral and Halton) is permitted.
- Travel in/out of the LCR Area is permitted only for work purposes i.e. referees.
- We would ask that all teams/leagues be extra vigilant during this period of Tier 3 restrictions.
We would also once again like to remind teams that where we have pavilions/facilities on site these remain accessible for use of the toilets only, with face coverings mandatory, changing rooms and showers remain closed. Anyone entering the building needs to scan the QR codes clearly displayed in the communal areas to access the NHS Track & Trace app. Team signing in sheets remain in use and should be completed promptly on arrival. For those teams that play on 3G hub sites the signing in process already in place at these facilities should continue to be followed.
We understand that the restrictions above, which will be reviewed in line with government Covid 19 legislation, may cause inconvenience but it is vital that they are followed to enable grassroots football to continue in a safe manner whilst keeping infection rates in the Liverpool City region as low as possible.
We strongly advise that no Cheshire based teams travel into the Liverpool City Region to play matches or play against teams travelling from the Liverpool City Region.
This also applies to players/coaches/volunteers that live in the Liverpool City Region.
All other Grassroots Football in Cheshire will continue by following the latest guidelines below until further guidance is issued.