Friendly Matches, Suspensions & Festivals
With the return of football, we are aware many clubs will be looking to play friendlies as soon as possible.
For a friendly, both teams must be affiliated with a County FA.
We have created a new process for clubs to check if the friendly can go ahead.
As both teams need to be affiliated to play in a friendly match, the only check you need to do is to use the 'find a club' search function below for your opposition.
If the team appears, then the friendly is satisfactory to go ahead.
However, if the team does not appear, then the match cannot be played as the team is not affiliated and insured.
To let us know about a friendly please complete our form below.
All active suspensions are expected to serve the matches of their suspensions.
With many leagues looking to null and void, we have made a guide to support you.
League Arranged Games
(Continue season, new competition/cup, league arranged non-competitive matches)
- Players who are currently under suspension are still suspended
- Matches count towards the players suspension
- Discipline is processed as normal, Red Card starts 7 days from the match
- All discipline submitted via the Whole Games System
- Clubs MUST put matches on the Whole Games System to clear suspensions
Club Arranged Games
(Clubs arranging a friendly between themselves)
- All players can play in friendlies unless, they are SINE DIE or have a friendly suspension against their name
- Matches DO NOT count towards the players suspension unless a friendly suspension
- Discipline is different, after a red card you are straight away suspended
- All discipline submitted via Whole Game System
- Weekly clubs' secretaries will receive an email from Cheshire FA around friendly suspensions asking you to supply the games the individual has missed
Festivals & Galas are permitted. However, all events must have the following in place:
- Follow the most recent coronavirus guidelines
- Risk assessments completed, with particular attention drawn to the social distancing for players when not playing matches and for all spectators (if permitted under the guidance)
- Completed the Cheshire FA Sanction form - Click Here
- Liaised with a Cheshire FA staff member to deem the suitability of the tournament - Email Info@CheshireFA.com
Festivals and Galas will only be permitted to go ahead with the assurances that all guidelines will be followed and put in place. If Cheshire FA deems it unsafe to run a festival or Gala, the event will not be sanctioned and must not run.