This is an exciting role to be part of the league’s management committee, which oversee an ever-growing forward-thinking league for females.
(Please note that this role can be separated into two positions if required as below)
• Central Venue Appointments (U9’s – U13’s)
• 11 A-side Appointments (U14’s - U16’s) Home and Away Fixtures (Approximately 20 fixtures a week)
Referee Appointment Secretary Job Description
- Appointment of referees to relevant divisions and teams, and make any replacements due to unforeseen circumstances, ensuring where possible 100% coverage is met.
- Communicate professionally and efficiently with referees and clubs as necessary and building positive relationships with both.
- Provide brief report to the League Management Committee during meetings and when required.
- Provide progression opportunities for match officials
- Recruitment and Development of referees in cooperation with Cheshire FA.
- Working collaboratively with the county FAs and other relevant football organisations as required concerning all refereeing matters, specifically Cheshire FA Referee Development Officer(Promotion, Marks, Development etc)
- Ensure appointments are made with consideration to the requirements of the referees, clubs and league structures.
- Computer literate to include use of the fulltime website and the FA’s Whole Game System (WGS)
- Good organisational, communication and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desirable but not essential - knowledge of the Referee promotion structure.
- Club secretaries
- League officers
- Cheshire County FA
All candidates must have an in-date FA DBS or willing to apply for one with the support of Cheshire FA
To apply for the role, please send an email outlining your suitability as a candidate for the role of Referee Appointment Secretary to Cheshire Girls League – Mid Cheshire Secretary: Tony Little; email@example.com by Friday 26th August 2022