Cheshire FA Coach Mentor Programme - 2022-23
Cheshire FA is looking to appoint up to 10 enthusiastic and committed casual Coach Mentors to support the development of coaches in grassroots football across Cheshire.
Working in partnership with our Football Development Team, you will play a key role in on the ground delivery to support grassroots coaches in our England Football Accredited Clubs.
As a Coach Mentor, you would be working on a casual basis and this role will involve work during evenings and weekends on a zero-hours contract for the 2022/23 season. The Coach Mentor will each provide an agreed number of hours of mentoring support to allocated clubs, across the period.
The aim of the programme and Mentors is to:
• Mentor and support coaches
• Organise, register and deliver Coach Development events (target of two per club aiming for at least 15 coaches to engage per event).
• Establish a coach development group/community of practice within the club
• Signpost coaches to National/Regional and local Coach Development opportunities
• Advise/guide and share resources to support coaches
• Engage new FA Introduction to Coaching Football coaches within the clubs, supporting to link them with the club’s events as well as targeted County specific development offer
• Support club to target and encourage coaches within club teams without a qualified coach to engage them in the development offer and signpost to progressing onto the FA Playmaker & FA Introduction to Coaching Football courses.
The programme will meet the needs of coaches and clubs at a local level through high quality mentoring supporting the development of coaches and raising standards across the game.
We now seek applications from perspective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes, and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches.
If you wish to be considered for a Coach Mentor position, please click the application link to complete ensuring you attach your CV and Cover Letter (2 sides maximum) outlining how you meet the Role Profile available below.
Please note that only electronic applications submitted via the link will be accepted.
Cheshire County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone.
Should you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for applications and the vacancy will be closed when we have enough applications.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications received for most roles, we may only be able to contact candidates if they are shortlisted for interview. If you do not hear from us within five days of the closing date, you should assume your application has not been successful. We aim to provide feedback to shortlisted candidates who are unsuccessful at interview. However, due to the volume of applications received for most roles, we will unfortunately not provide feedback to those candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.