Applications are now open for our disability start up grant, this is a fantastic opportunity for clubs to provide pan disability sessions for under 12, under 16 or adults.
Football should be accessible for all, in order to create more opportunities for children and adults with disabilities, we are looking to support clubs to deliver Pan Disability sessions within their club structure.
Pan Disability is the largest format of Disability football, which sees players with a broad range of impairments and health conditions play together.
Typically Pan Disability sessions/teams have 4 year age banded. The most common age groups are Under 12, Under 16 and open age adult.
What will the provider receive?
- £500 grant (Split into 2 x £250 sums, one at the beginning of the 10 sessions, one at the end of the 10 sessions to enable you to continue this provision)
- A kit/equipment bundle including balls, bibs, cones.
- Disability CPD event – Initial training and guidance in how to work and support people with Disabilities, which focuses on both on/ off field support.
- Access to Cheshire FA & FA Coach Mentors.
- Applications are open from 16th February 2022 Date – 1st March 2022
- Cheshire FA will inform successful applicants by 8th March 2022
Club delivery & requirements
- Pan Disability recreation session.
- 10 Pan Disability sessions are to be delivered – with the aim of continuing this provision and potentially joining the ability counts league.
- Mandatory attendance at the Disability CPD event led by FA coach Mentor.
- Staffing ratios must be appropriate for Group Size.
- Providers must record attendance on FA Events Platform.
Requirements for club coaches/volunteers
- Lead coach must have a minimum of an Introduction to Coaching or FA Level One coaching qualification.
- FA Safeguarding Children or Safeguarding Adults qualification whichever is applicable
- Disability Football Introduction qualification.
- FA DBS compliant for all other volunteers and coaches over 16.
Who can apply?
- We would like to engage with FA Accredited Clubs who do not currently have a recreational offer for disabled children/adults.
- The Application form can be found below.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
If you have any questions or queries please email: email@example.com