Earlier this month, Cheshire FA partnered with Manchester FA, Liverpool County FA and Lancashire FA to host the North West Female Coaches Conference.
Designed to support the ongoing work that Cheshire FA has done this season to support and develop female coaches, the event also provided a great opportunity to celebrate the FIFA Women’s World Cup which will once again shine a global spotlight on the women’s game.
Hosted at the home ground of Manchester United Women for Women’s Super League games, Leigh Sports Village, as part of the Women’s EURO legacy, the conference provided a huge number of opportunities for female coaches to expand their knowledge.
60 coaches were able to select workshops and watch the delivery of practical sessions, with guest speakers on the day including:
- Vicky Jepson, Tottenham Hotspur Women’s first team coach
- Charlotte Healy, Manchester United Women’s assistant first team coach
- Rebecca Garlick, FA National Coach Development Lead (Women & Girls)
- Keith Rees and Neil Smerdon, former England Women’s Goalkeeper Coach and NW High Performance Centre Goalkeeping Coaches
- Amanda Goodwin, current England women’s U16 assistant coach
Workshops carried out covered a variety of subjects, with the event also allowing female coaches to share ideas and network with likeminded people.
As we approach the 2023/24 season, keep an eye on Cheshire FA’s media channels for details of our new programme of CPD events for the female coaches’ network.
If you’re interested in getting involved in coaching, or any area of women and girls’ football, please contact Steph Knott, Football Development Officer, via firstname.lastname@example.org