Green Football Weekend brings together football lovers - from top-tier clubs to Sunday leagues - in an annual campaign to tackle climate change.
We, the 3.5 billion football community, have the power to change things, like nothing else on planet earth.
And this 2-5 February on Green Football Weekend, that change starts with our stomachs. It's time to try a tasty veggie meal!
Save the date for this football celebration from 2-5 February.
Here's how you can get involved
- Dive into the Green Football Weekend Veggie Cookbook. Get the recipes, try them at home, and share your veggie creations!
- Score 'Green Goals' at greenfootballweekend.com. Get your team and fans to take eco-friendly actions during the 3-week tournament (there’s some prizes on offer for the biggest scorers!)
- Host a 'Greener Game' on 2-5 February. Be a game-changer by organising your mini greener game, showing your commitment to sustainability.
Get in the game, every action counts! Join us for a greener future!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND GET INVOLVED
Members of our grassroots football community are invited to join us on Tuesday 12 March for a FREE online session focusing on football’s role in environmental sustainability and how to address it, hosted in partnership with Save Today Play Tomorrow.
Starting at 7pm, the two-hour session aims to:
- To appreciate the importance of why the game needs to recognise its role in environmental sustainability and the potential impact of this.
- Understanding how to do this by addressing internal sustainability and leveraging the position of the club’s/league’s networks and platform.
- Identify immediate actions that participants can take to address environmental sustainability and opportunities to learn more.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER