Cheshire FA Futsal Strategy
Futsal is an exciting, high intensity small-sided format of the game that is widely played across the world. Cheshire has always had a rich Futsal offering, widely encouraging the benefits and promoting the various opportunities to play this format.
The nature of the game places a large emphasis on technical skill and ability in situations of high pressure. Played indoors with a smaller, heavier ball the rules of Futsal, along with the playing surface and unique ball, create an emphasis on improvisation, creativity and technique as well as ball control and passing in small spaces.
Make Futsal, Cheshire’s football communities’ indoor format of choice.
To ensure the football community across Cheshire has opportunities to experience Futsal as part of their development.
• Current provision
- Pokemon Cup Delivery
- Facility Access
• Chester Falcons Futsal
• Halton Futsal
• Nantwich VI – enter National PSFL
• Poulton Victoria Futsal
• Tranmere Rovers Futsal
• Warrington Futsal Club
• Sala Futsal Club
• Wire Futsal – Delivery Partner
• Warrington Futsal Club – members of National Futsal Series Women’s Super Series
• Sala Futsal Club
• Wire Futsal – League
• Pokemon Cup Delivery
• Cheshire Girls Football League – Locality option
• Cheshire Futsal – members of National Futsal Series Women’s Super Series
• Wire Futsal
• Sala Soccer/Futsal
• Tranmere Rovers
2. Player Development
• Work with established provision to ensure sustainably and growth.
• Support Clubs and Leagues with opportunities to experience Futsal.
• Advocate the benefits of Futsal for junior players.
• Establish relationship with National League teams to promote participation opportunities.
• Work with current Clubs and League to signpost to Futsal playing opportunities.
3. Workforce Development
• Coach Development
• Support the delivery of a Regional FA Futsal Development event in partnership with the FA Mentor (Futsal)
• Increase awareness and understanding of Futsal through delivery of a local development event.
• Identified club-based opportunities engage and deploy the FA Regional Mentor (Futsal) to support Coaches in their own environment
• Coach Education
• Promotion of the new National Futsal course through FA Boot Room.
• Promote the ‘Introduction to Futsal’ to raise awareness of the benefits of Futsal.
- Support existing Futsal Referees.
- Provide opportunities for new Referees looking to get into futsal.
- North West Regional approach to support growth of futsal match officials.
4. Facility Development
• Support for facility development to help grow the game.