Get Into Futsal
learn to play the game like ronaldo, messi and neymar
Cheshire FA Futsal Strategy
Futsal is an exciting, high intensity small-sided format of the game that is widely played across the world. Cheshire has always had a rich Futsal offering, widely encouraging the benefits and promoting the various opportunities to play this format.
The nature of the game places a large emphasis on technical skill and ability in situations of high pressure. Played indoors with a smaller, heavier ball the rules of Futsal, along with the playing surface and unique ball, create an emphasis on improvisation, creativity and technique as well as ball control and passing in small spaces.
Make Futsal, Cheshire’s football communities’ indoor format of choice.
To ensure the football community across Cheshire has opportunities to experience Futsal as part of their development.
• Current provision
- Pokemon Cup Delivery
- Facility Access
• Chester Falcons Futsal
• Halton Futsal
• Nantwich VI – enter National PSFL
• Poulton Victoria Futsal
• Tranmere Rovers Futsal
• Warrington Futsal Club
• Sala Futsal Club
• Wire Futsal – Delivery Partner
• Warrington Futsal Club – members of National Futsal Series Women’s Super Series
• Sala Futsal Club
• Wire Futsal – League
• Pokemon Cup Delivery
• Cheshire Girls Football League – Locality option
• Cheshire Futsal – members of National Futsal Series Women’s Super Series
• Wire Futsal
• Sala Soccer/Futsal
• Tranmere Rovers
2. Player Development
• Work with established provision to ensure sustainably and growth.
• Support Clubs and Leagues with opportunities to experience Futsal.
• Advocate the benefits of Futsal for junior players.
• Establish relationship with National League teams to promote participation opportunities.
• Work with current Clubs and League to signpost to Futsal playing opportunities.
3. Workforce Development
• Coach Development
• Support the delivery of a Regional FA Futsal Development event in partnership with the FA Mentor (Futsal)
• Increase awareness and understanding of Futsal through delivery of a local development event.
• Identified club-based opportunities engage and deploy the FA Regional Mentor (Futsal) to support Coaches in their own environment
• Coach Education
• Promotion of the new National Futsal course through FA Boot Room.
• Promote the ‘Introduction to Futsal’ to raise awareness of the benefits of Futsal.
- Support existing Futsal Referees.
- Provide opportunities for new Referees looking to get into futsal.
- North West Regional approach to support growth of futsal match officials.
4. Facility Development
• Support for facility development to help grow the game.
- Wire Futsal
- Chester Falcons Futsal Club
- Cheshire Futsal - Twitter
- Poulton Victoria Futsal - Twitter
- The FA National Futsal Series - England's Elite Futsal League
- Warrington Futsal Club Official
- Futsal - Tranmere Rovers Football Club
- Halton Hawks Futsal Club - Twitter
- The FA Pokémon Youth Cup
- Sala Futsal
- Coaching Futsal Courses
Get Into FutsalHere in Cheshire we want to make Futsal, our community indoor format of choice.
Clubs and Teams
We are pleased to announce that we have recently launched our brand-new Futsal Membership Package too.
The membership package enables all clubs with futsal teams to affiliate them so they are then eligible to play in sanctioned leagues and competitions. For further information on the benefits of the membership package please get in touch (details below).
If you are looking to set up your own Futsal Club not built in to a Football Club or Existing Futsal Club please contact Futsal@CheshireFA.com
Once we have details of all our affiliated teams we can then advertise this out to players who enquire about joining teams and understand where we have teams and where there are gaps in provision of futsal to inform future projects and funding.
Sanctioned Youth Futsal Leagues
Our delivery partner, Wire Football, are your best contact for our Youth Futsal Leagues.
If you would like to find out more about how you become a Cheshire FA-sanctioned league, please contact us: Futsal@CheshireFA.com
T: 01606 871166
9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Futsal-Specific Just Play Sessions
There are a number of futsal-specific Just Play sessions running across Cheshire. There are currently spaces available for sessions taking place at: