Squad Girls Football
If you’re aged 12 to 14 and are keen to kickstart or continue your football journey, then Squad Girls’ Football is just what you need!
Offering a fun, non-competitive way to play football locally, Squad Girls’ Football caters for all, whether you’re completely new to the sport, are looking to transition from Weetabix Wildcats, or simply want to give it a go!
Sessions are designed to help develop core skills, both on and off the pitch, whilst allowing you to have your say about how the sessions run and what activities you take part in.
From gaining confidence and learning key leadership skills, to perfecting your passing and dribbling – Squad has it all! What’s more, Squad provides the perfect place to make friends for life and have loads of fun and laughs along the way!
Things to note:
• Sessions usually last around one hour
• Each session has around 15 – 20 participants
• No commitment required, you can come to as many or as few Squad sessions as you like!
Ready to Find Your Squad? Simply follow these steps to get started:
1) Visit https://find.englandfootball.com/ and use the Find Football tool to find your nearest session
2) Book your place
3) Come along and join the fun!
Are you interested in delivering a new Squad Girls session at your club or centre?
Find out the providers within North Riding here.
Get In Touch
Football Development Officer (Women & Girls)
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN TO BECOME A PROVIDER OF SQUAD GIRLS, A FANTASTIC PROGRAMME FOR 12-14-YEAR-OLDS.
The aim for this exciting programme is to provide girls between the ages of 12-14 a fun, relevant and engaging recreational offer that allows them to develop themselves as much as their football skills in a safe, inclusive environment.
The programme has been specifically designed to give autonomy, choice and voice to the girls who are involved in the sessions.
Applications are welcomed from any organisation that meet our Squad programme criteria. We want to ensure there is access and opportunity for every girl and woman to be involved in our sport, and for the game to be truly representative of our society across all protected characteristics and social backgrounds. We therefore welcome and actively encourage applications from all communities and organisations that meet the programme criteria.
The delivery of Squad Girls’ Football involves the organisation of a unique offer of Squad sessions at a particular location and time aimed at attracting a particular cohort/group of girls aged between 12-14.
• The programme must be delivered for a minimum of 16 weeks per year
• It must operate for at least two years (i.e. a minimum of 16 weeks in EACH year)
• It must have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 20 girls/participants per session
• It must have staffing ratios appropriate to the group
• Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly
• Staff MUST attend FA online training before they are signed off as deliverers of the programme
• As a deliverer of the Squad programme, providers must adhere to the criteria set out in the document attached below.
SQUAD GIRLS APPLICANT GUIDANCE NOTES CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE
• £900 of funding distributed across two years
• Full training
• Kit and Equipment including Nike balls, bibs, cones and marketing pack
• Marketing assets and session resources
• FA and Cheshire County FA support
The application window is now open until the end of February 2023. Applicants will be notified in March as to whether they have been successful or not. Providers will then receive full training with delivery commencing once training is complete.
For further information on Squad Girls, please contact Stephanie Knott on Stephanie.email@example.com